Since its inception, GOCO has invested in more than 5,300 projects in all 64 counties of Colorado, investing $1.3 billion across the state.
In fiscal year 2020, which ran from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020, GOCO grants helped:
- Fund 101 projects in 34 Colorado counties.
- Impact 2,507 kids through our School Yard Initiative grant program.
- Build or improve 11 local parks, five school playgrounds, three environmental education centers, and support eight master planning projects to better serve communities and make outdoor recreation more accessible.
- Construct and clear more than 7 miles of trails.
- Permanently conserve more than 43,000 acres of land through Open Space grants, giving wildlife a home, sustaining local agriculture, and preserving scenic views.
- Protect 42.5 miles of rivers, streams, and creeks to preserve Colorado's water supply and wildlife habitat.
- Thin 22 acres of tress to reduce the risk of wildfire and remove 1,589 invasive Russian olive trees on 47 acres through grants to the Colorado Youth Corps Association, which employed 207 young people.
- Support operation budgets across the state park system.
- Invest $2.3 million in Colorado Parks & Wildlife's environmental education and youth programs.
Grants awarded in fiscal year 2020 (July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020) are available for download in several formats: