GOCO invests a portion of Colorado Lottery proceeds to help preserve and enhance the state's parks, trails, wildlife, rivers, and open spaces. Our independent board awards competitive grants to local governments and land trusts, and makes investments through Colorado Parks and Wildlife. Created by voters in 1992, GOCO has committed more than $1.2 billion in lottery proceeds to more than 5,300 projects in all 64 counties without any tax dollar support.
In the years ahead, GOCO's work will be guided by a strategic plan rooted in these values:
- Resource conservation | We value strategic land conservation and resource protection work.
- Outdoor stewardship | We support sustainability of and improvements to the state's natural and recreational resources.
- Community vitality | We invest in conservation and outdoor recreation efforts that support communities and quality of life.
- Equitable access | We partner with communities to break down barriers to the outdoors.
- Youth connections | We support projects and programs that help children and families get outside more often and experience the benefits of doing so.