Since its inception, GOCO has invested in more than 5,200 projects in all 64 counties of Colorado, investing $1.2 billion across the state.
In fiscal year 2019, which ran from July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019, GOCO grants helped:
- Fund 88 projects in 35 Colorado counties.
- Impact 3,700 kids through our School Yard Initiative grant program.
- Build or improve 21 local parks, eight school playgrounds, five river parks, and three fairgrounds to better serve communities and make outdoor recreation more accessible.
- Construct and clear more than 6 miles of trails.
- Permanently conserve more than 8,500 acres of land through Open Space grants, giving wildlife a home, sustaining local agriculture, and preserving scenic views.
- Protect 21 miles of rivers, streams, and creeks to preserve Colorado's water supply and wildlife habitat.
- Clear 46 acres of fire fuels and add 8,600 new plants and trees to parks and other areas through grants to the Colorado Youth Corps Association, which employed 193 young people.
- Support operation budgets across the state park system.
- Invest $2.3 million in Colorado Parks & Wildlife's environmental education and youth programs.
Grants awarded in fiscal year 2019 (July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019) are available for download in several formats: