Our dedicated board members take their responsibility to the people of Colorado seriously and strive to be responsive to the needs of communities and accountable to the public. Board members approve GOCO's financial plans, grant programs, and all grants.
- Provide feedback on our FY21-FY25 spending plan >>
GOCO board members will be considering the adoption of a new 5-year spending plan and FY 21 spending plan for competitive grant programs in the open space and local government purposes at their June 11, 2020 virtual board meeting. Provide comments on the spending plans from now through June 3, 2020 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read board minutes from previous meetings >>
- Find upcoming meetings and agendas >>
- Download GOCO's bylaws >>
- Download GOCO's policies and procedures >>
Our board members are appointed by the Governor and subject to confirmation by the Colorado State Senate. In order to best represent the interests of the entire state, our 17-member board of trustees is designed so that:
- Two members from each of Colorado’s seven congressional districts serve.
- No two members from one congressional district can be from the same political party.
- One member of the board must represent agricultural interests.
- Two members must live west of the Continental Divide.
- The executive director of the Colorado Department of Natural Resources and two representatives from the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission are members.
The current chair is Hollie Velasquez Horvath.